Dr. Mark G. Dotzour, former chief economist and director of Research with the University of Texas A&M University will be the keynote speaker. He will speak on the Economic Outlook for Investors and Business Decision Makers. Byron Jay Lewis, president and CEO of Edwards Abstract and Title Co. expressed his appreciation for Dr. Dotzour’s participation in the State of Real Estate Forum over the past two years. “We are pleased that Dr. Mark Dotzour is returning to the Rio Grande Valley and Cameron County specifically, to address real estate industry professionals and business leaders,” said Lewis. “We appreciate his continued commitment and service to the region.”
- Dr. Mark G. Dotzour is a real estate economist who served for 18 years as Chief Economist of the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University in College Station. He has given more than 1,370 presentations to over 230,000 people and has written over 90 articles for magazines and journals. His research findings have appeared in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine and Business Week.
- In 2015, Dotzour stepped down from his position at the Real Estate Center to focus all of his time and effort on analyzing current economic conditions and communicating his analysis to others. He combines academic training in economics, real estate, finance and history to make sense of current economic trends.
- His clients include banks, private equity firms, real estate investments trusts, construction firms, engineering companies, wealth managers, private foundations and commercial and residential brokerage firms. He has also made presentations to local and national trade associations all over America. He makes complex economic issues easily understandable.
- Dr. Dotzour’s goal is to provide his audience with a “tool kit” of useful information that will help them make good business decisions for their families, their clients and their company.
- Her primary role was to provide leadership in developing, implementing, and communicating key initiatives on behalf of the Office of the CEO, including interdisciplinary research programs between the health science center and other colleges and institutions. In addition, she was a tenured faculty member in the Electrical & Computer Engineering Department.
- Dr. Maldonado has extensive experience at the federal level in advancing research, development, and commercialization initiatives. She recently served as director of the Engineering Education and Centers Division at the National Science Foundation in the Washington, D.C., area. Dr. Maldonado’s academic career spans nearly 25 years at two universities — Texas A&M University and The University of Texas at Arlington — with 14 of those years in various research administration roles.
- At Texas A&M, these roles include associate vice chancellor for Research of the Texas A&M University System, which is composed of 11 universities, seven state agencies, and the health science center.
There is no cost to attend the State of Real Estate Forum, however reservations are required before Oct. 30.
The programs include local, state and national economic outlook, demographic information, jobs creation and other pertinent data.
For more information, contact Elva Jackson Garza, vice president and marketing manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 383-4951. You may register with the Edwards Abstract offices located in Brownsville, Harlingen or South Padre Island or via email email@example.com.