Corpus Christi is seeing explosive economic growth from Eagle Ford Shale.
More than $3.8 billion in projects are under construction at the Port of Corpus Christi, with $12 billion more in the permitting phase.
- Projects include: A $10 billion Cheniere Energy Inc. natural-gas liquefaction plant, handling shale product.
- Trafigura is undergoing a $500 million expansion of its crude oil terminal to handle additional petroleum exports.
- The port is constructing a $46 million railyard to handle oil field shipments.
It’s not just the port that’s benefiting from Eagle Ford activity. “There’s been an impact on everything in the local economy,” said Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Foster Edwards.
There’s been an increase in retail sales, in hotel occupancy, new limited-service hotels, even in vehicle sales.
- Benefits of Free Trade: Crude Oil Exports (insidesources.com)
- Lifting Oil Export Ban Would Provide a Lift to Manufacturing (industryweek.com)